On Wednesday, January 24, I’ll be presenting a webinar on Effective Pricing and Value Capture at 12 noon EST. If you don’t make it live, we will make a recording available later (we’ll post a link here).
Effective Pricing and Value Capture
How a little planning can make a huge difference to product success.
Pricing sometimes seems like the forgotten “P” in the “4 P’s” of marketing. Rather than something that we bake into the product management process, it is something we throw in at the end. And often product managers have no visibility or control over what discounts apply to the list price. Unfortunately, neglecting price can have severe impact on profit. Pricing is likely the area where product managers can have the most bottom-line impact.
In this webinar, you will learn:
– Why pricing tends to get neglected (part of the problem—it’s hard)
– The consequences of this neglect and the opportunity for proactive pricing
– Price as the monetization of value
– Inside-out and Outside-in pricing
– Measuring value in different segments with the Value Price Waterfall.
– Aligning pricing policies, including list prices and discounts with product and company goals.
The webinar will include a real world case study from a software firm.
I’m a Management Student from India and just happened to come across your blog. I learnt about Proactive pricing strategies recently and am very curious to know if any company is following the same. I read somewhere that AMD is following proactive pricing for some of its products. Is that true? Request you to please share some insights. Thanks
Thank you for your comment. I am not sure what you mean by “proactive pricing.” When it comes to AMD, they and Intel are involved in litigation that includes disputes over pricing practices, so they are very tight-lipped about these things.