On Wednesday, January 24, I’ll be presenting a webinar on Effective Pricing and Value Capture at 12 noon EST. If you don’t make it live, we will make a recording available later (we’ll post a link here).
How a little planning can make a huge difference to product success.
Pricing sometimes seems like the forgotten “P” in the “4 P’s” of marketing. Rather than something that we bake into the product management process, it is something we throw in at the end. And often product managers have no visibility or control over what discounts apply to the list price. Unfortunately, neglecting price can have severe impact on profit. Pricing is likely the area where product managers can have the most bottom-line impact.
In this webinar, you will learn:
– Why pricing tends to get neglected (part of the problem—it’s hard)
– The consequences of this neglect and the opportunity for proactive pricing
– Price as the monetization of value
– Inside-out and Outside-in pricing
– Measuring value in different segments with the Value Price Waterfall.
– Aligning pricing policies, including list prices and discounts with product and company goals.
The webinar will include a real world case study from a software firm.