For members of the Professional Pricing Society, we have an upcoming webinar on the importance of effective pricing benchmarks (members click here to register).
March 15, 2006, 12 Noon EST
Companies recognize that there is tremendous opportunity in improved pricing but often lack effective benchmarks to establish current status, quantitatively identify opportunities, and accurately track progress. Benchmarking goes beyond establishing metrics to cover business alignment and action-able opportunities. Pricing benchmarks do involve considerable challenges but methodologies and technology now exist to allow firms to conduct them quickly and cost-effectively. This talk will discuss some of those methodologies and how to incorporate the benchmarking process into regular business activities.
Key points include:
- The benefits of good benchmarks.
- Why most companies lack effective pricing benchmarks.
- Strategy assessment.
- Process mapping.
- Technology assessment.
Extended discussion on measurement and data:
- Two types of segmentation.
- The benefits of micro-segmentation.
- Identifying opportunities with limited demand data.
- Efficiency versus effectiveness and how to balance.
- Tracking progress with limited resources.
We also have upcoming talks on Pricing with Imperfect Information at the PROS Pricing Summit (March 7 in Houston) and at the PPS Spring Conference (May 4 in San Francisco). See our news & events page for more event info.